Why "A View from the Middle"? Because my home sits on the middle of a hill overlooking a horse ranch. Because I've always considered myself "mid-height" for a woman at 5'2". And because I'm middle-aged looking back on half my life and forward to the rest of it.

Sunday, June 6, 2010

More Proof I'm a Country Girl

Need any more proof I'm a Country Girl?  I just went to my barn to feed the animals and discovered (another) snake.  This wasn't the little 1 foot baby I discovered a few weeks ago.  This must have been the mama, 'cause she was at least 4 feet long.  And she's a Gofer Snake.

Did I scream?  Did I run?  Did I try to kill it?  NO!  I helped her find her way to a better hiding spot so she would continue to catch the mice I've seen scurrying around my barn, that my cats seem to be missing.  And I've got plenty of squirrels and mice for her to catch as well.  She's not bothering my sheep, pigs, or chickens, so why scare her away?

No, she's welcome in my barn.  Do you need any more proof I'm a Country Girl?

No comments:

Post a Comment